Flora ID is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to a broad range of interests surrounding the realm of plants. The mission of Flora ID is to encourage, promote, and facilitate botanical education, plant identification, research, and awareness. We encourage diversity on our volunteer board, and in our process of providing grants to further our mission.
About Windows PC Software
The features listed below apply to all our Windows software, and also all our Android Apps(which is available by contacting us directly.)
Key Tips and Features:
- Select in any order, plant characteristics from over 50 menus
- Characteristics are defined, with detailed scientific illustrations
- The app suggests lists of characteristics to use based on ease of use, effectiveness, and remaining species
- With each selection, the list of possible plants shrinks, often narrowing to one species after adding about 3 to 6 characteristics
- Confirm identifications by comparing with photos, drawings, and/or descriptions
- Plant reference lists are provided for each species, from 130 botanical references books and publication sets, including page numbers from those books.
- Access to photos and descriptive data for each species
- Alphabetize the species list by either common or scientific name, or search for a plant by entering a name or string of letters
- No need for WiFi, power, nor cell towers – it’s all in the app
- Documentation and program help available within the app